Welcome to Core IM, a virtual medical community! We strive to empower our colleagues of all levels and backgrounds with clinically applicable information as well as inspire curiosity and critical thinking. We promote our mission through podcasts and other multimodal dialogues.
Interested in joining our community? We are always looking for new potential contributors (educators, writers, editors, artists, social media enthusiasts, or roles we haven’t even thought of yet)— if you have a passion for inspiring curiosity and critical thinking, click here for more details!
Dr. Amy Ou
Chief Outreach Director
Amy leads Core IM's outreach efforts and social media presence. She oversees the production of Core IM's Bytes, coordinates the Core IM visual identity, and designs and edits graphics. She is currently an Assistant Professor at UCSF and a hospitalist at San Francisco General Hospital.
Dr. Cindy Fang
Cindy is a producer and co-host for Hoofbeats. She is currently a clinical assistant professor and hospitalist at NYU.
Dr. John Hwang
John is a producer and co-host of Hoofbeats. He is currently an Assistant Professor of Medicine at NYU, and an attending physician at Bellevue Medical Center.
Dr. Janine Knudsen
Dr. Steve Liu
Producer (Mind the Gap)
Steve is a producer, co-host, and audio editor for Mind the Gap. He is currently a Clinical Assistant Professor at NYU.
Dr. Tamar Schiff
Producer (At The Bedside)
Tamar is a producer and co-host for At The Bedside. She is currently a postdoctoral fellow in the Division of Medical Ethics at the NYU Langone Department of Population Health.
Dr. Kelsey Grossman
Co-Director (12 Lead Thursday)
Kelsey is co-director of 12 Lead Thursdays. She is currently an internal medicine resident at NYU.
Dr. Clem Lee
Director (Trivia Tuesday)
Clem the director of Trivia Tuesday. He is currently a med-peds resident at Penn/CHOP.
Sheila directs Core IM's holiday posts. She is currently a medical student at OSUMC.
Dr. Vickie Kassapidis
Podcast Copy Editor
Vickie helps copy edit podcast show notes, double checking formatting and references. She is an internal medicine resident at NYU Brooklyn.
Kerri produces graphics for Core IM. She is currently a medical student at Emory.
Richard is an audio editor for Core IM.
Social Media Contributor, Website Editor
Marissa helps manage and contributes to Core IM's social media accounts and website posts. She is currently a medical student at The University of Rochester.
Dr. Rahul Maheshwari
Rahul produces graphics for Core IM. He is an internal medicine resident at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
Dr. Salim Najjar
Salim produces graphics for Core IM. He is currently an internal medicine resident at Baylor.
Preeyal produces graphics for Core IM. She is currently a medical student at Thomas Jefferson University.
Dr. Mike Shen
Mike produces graphics for Core IM. He is currently an internal medicine resident at NYU.
Julia is an audio editor for Core IM.
Dr. Abhishek Verma
Shake contributes content to Trivia Tuesday Bytes. He is an internal medicine resident at NYU.
Members at Large
- Marissa Alsaloum - Marissa contributed to Motivation Monday. She is currently a medical student at NYU.
- Dr. Cary Blum - Cary contributed to several 5 Pearls episodes, and helped launch the Trivia Tuesday feature. He is currently a primary care physician at Mt. Sinai.
- Dr. Stephanie London - Stephanie contributed to Core IM's social media posts. She is currently a psychiatry resident at MGH.
- Dr. Izzy Marshall - Izzy produced Core IM flashcards. She is Assistant Professor of Medicine at UCSF.
- Dr. David Rhee - Dave helped launch the 12 Lead Thursdays feature. He is currently a cardiology fellow at NYU.
- Dr. Neil Shapiro - Neil served as an advisor to Core IM at its inception, providing organizational guidance and support. He is currently the Associate Chief of the Medical Service of the VA New York Harbor Healthcare System, and Associate Program Director for the NYU Internal Medicine Residency Program, and Editor-in-Chief of Clinical Correlations.
- Dr. Caroline Srisarajivakul-Klein - Caroline produced graphics for Core IM. She is an Assistant Professor at NYU and a hospitalist and Inpatient Site Director at Bellevue Hospital Center.
- Dr. Anand Swaminathan - Anand serves as an advisor for Core IM.
- Dr. Alice Tang - Alice serves as an advisor for Core IM. She is a hospitalist at NYP/Weill Cornell Medical Center.